Emco Electronics Webshop
Universal 80 meter ARDF transmitter
This high power, high efficiency 80 meter transmitter can be used for Amateur Radio Direction Finding (ARDF), sometimes also called 'fox hunting' (Dutch: 'vossejagen'). By adding some control logic, an antenna system and a battery, this transmitter will become part of an ARDF event.
This ARDF transmitter was designed and built for the Dutch 'Piet Wakker jacht' (named after the late Piet Wakker PA0PWA). These transmitters are used in most of the 'Piet Wakker' ARDF events in The Netherlands.
- High power RF output
- High efficiency by using multiple small FETs (with low drain-gate capacity)
- Harmonic suppression of output signal by using 2nd order low pass filter
- 50 Ohm unbalanced ('standard') antenna connection
- Frequency changeable by replacing default crystal (3.5795 MHz)
- 12 VDC input power
- Option for mounting external fuse
- 5 V TTL interfacing to control logic (e.g. microcontroller)
- 5 VDC power output connection for external control logic
- Standby mode for frequency stable CW-keying
- Test mode (TX on + CW tone) for installing and tuning antenna 'in the field'
Output spectrum of transmitter (@ 12 VDC):
||37 dBm / 5 W
||50 Ohm unbalanced
||More than 48 dB (see figure below)
||12 VDC (8 - 13.8 VDC)
|Current consumption idle:
||3.4 mA @ 12 VDC
|Current consumption standby:
||6.3 mA @ 12 VDC
|Current consumption TX:
||580 mA @ 12 VDC
||5 V TTL
||Max. 100 mA
|PCB width x height:
||90 x 95 mm
||4 x 3 mm holes
Please check your local amateur radio regulations if a licence is required to use this transmitter.
Manual with connections and functionality.
Part Numbers and Prices
||80 meter ARDF transmitter
Additional information about these part numbers:
- The ARDF-TX-1 (80 meter ARDF transmitter) is a ready build and tested PCB. The PCB can be mounted by using the four 3mm mounting holes in the PCB.
- All prices are including 21% VAT.
Detailed PCB view
Front view of 80 meter ARDF transmitter (ARDF-TX-1)